Thursday, January 23, 2014

This Year...

I always become reflective when a year ends and a new year begins.  I've come to a few realizations and thought I'd share them today.  In fact, I will be sharing more of myself on my blog than I usually do.  I love to write, so I plan on expressing a little more "me" in my words. Hopefully, we'll have a few laughs along the way!

So, this year...

I will make more time to play and experiment.
My first art journal page of the year.
I will relax and do something creative every day.
Graphic 45 Alpha stamp set; Golden acrylic paints; Faber-Castell Gelatos

I will step outside of my box and leave my comfort zone.
Stamps: Prima; LaBlanche
I will scrapbook the heritage and vintage photos that I hold so dear and share the stories.
Staz-On ink and Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous
I will push the boundaries of my artistic abilities.
Prima stamps and Golden Molding Paste
I will work on my novel every day and finish it.  (fingers crossed. lol) This has been one of my resolutions/goals every year for the past 10 years.
I will nurture my friendships.
and be open to new ones.

I will slow down and breathe.
Hermosa Beach, L.A. California January 2014
I will let my kids see that I can have fun too….and really really try to worry less about them.

I will strive for excellence and joy in my scrapbooking pursuits.
Hermosa Beach L.A., California (Jan 2014)
LOVE being a part of the Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine team! (Anaheim)
LOVE designing for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L!
I will have more date nights with my guy.
Oops. Wrong guy.
I will feel less guilty…about everything.  (What can I say? I was raised Catholic! LOL)
Now I'm looking forward to the great adventure called 2014! I hope you are too :)



16 comments:

  1. Kelly, your work is amazing. I love it and am looking forward to more. I had to laugh at the "being raised Catholic" and
    the "guilt". Have a great New Year filled with fun, love and all good stuff.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post Kelly. I love that you will take time to breathe, have fun, relax and create!!! Cheers for 2014!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that 2014 will be amazing for you...you are definitely on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and enjoy every moment, Kelly!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing what you do Kelly! I love your on the outside looking in phrase. I feel that way too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulosa as usual Kelly! Do you love your gelatos?! They are my fave colour medium. Your journal page is outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post and kudos to you for all your wonderful ventures for 2014! I'm looking forward to more "you" this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all I read Kelly and I really enjoy your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelly! 2014 awaits you!!!! I can't wait to see what you create this year! And good luck with your novel, too! Thanks for your friendship in 2013!!!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic journal page and such a beautiful post. I felt like reading about my own resolutions! Here's to the New and adventurous year! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post! Great suggestions for a happy life - looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. May all your dreams and resolutions come true - they are lessons that apply to us all.
    And you have presented them in a very artistic way - good on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post Kelly! I think more than half your goals resonated with me and I truly hope you achieve them all! Yes, get that novel written, it's clear to see you're a talented writer...I had a good chuckle reading this post too! And for sure, totally diggin' the art journal page!

    ReplyDelete