Monday, January 27, 2014

January Sketchy Challenge

Once again I'm squeaking in my January Sketchy challenge layout.  Hmmm.  Maybe I should make a resolution about getting that done on time!
Here is Sue Sykes' awesome sketch, which I rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise:

Winter layouts are almost becoming a thing of the past for me.  That's because my teenagers don't really go outside much in the winter anymore.  If they do, it's only to take a bunch of goofy selfies. ha ha! Luckily, BabyOfTheFamily agreed to some pics a couple months ago.  I LOVE winter photos!

For my frosty layouts, I often use Bo Bunny, and each winter I'm excited about seeing their new papers.  I just love the colours and patterns in the Woodland Winter collection:

I put baby powder on the backs of my snowflake stickers so the edges would lift off my background.



BoBunny's matching embellishments and stickers always make designing so easy.  I must admit, I'm kind of a matchy-matchy type of girl :)

The navy twine is May Arts.
Every season I say how much I don't like winter, but I love creating winter layouts! 

I hope you have a chance to design a layout for Canadian Scrapbooker's Sketchy Challenge!  In a few more days, the February sketch will be posted.  Click HERE to visit the Sketchy Gallery and be inspired!

Stay warm...

6 comments:

  1. Love the series of photos, Kelly! :) Hope you're braving the winter! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo beautiful! Love the warm tones with the cool pics :) Hee hee, I eek many projects out in just the nick of time. Need to change that too. Thanks for the encouraging words Kelly.....I am my own worst critic and my own worst roadblock *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Kelly :) this is just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is simply superb, Kelly! I love that sketch and you wrapped it all up beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you found just the perfect photos for these beautiful papers. Truly a simply gorgeous layout.

    ReplyDelete