Monday, September 30, 2013

Good Bye September

This month has been a blur, and on the last day I am squeaking in my September Sketchy Challenge for Canadian Scrapbooker magazine.
Here is Sue Sykes' wonderful sketch:
I used the RSVP collection from Basic Grey, including the sticker sheets.
The butterflies were cut using this pretty Spellbinders die set:
I added Crystal Stickles to make them sparkly.
The sparkly leaves were created with Hampton Art green glitter and new Designer Shapes from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.  
This layout is actually being featured on the Crafty Power blog, and you can click HERE to see how I made these pretty glitter leaves.

My layout doesn't really look much like September, does it?  That is because I went to Phoenix, Arizona, for 5 days with my dear friend, Michelle Marks, a couple weeks ago. 
We visited the beautiful Desert Botanical Gardens and were delighted to walk around and see so many incredible desert landscapes and vegetation. This is where I took the photos of the cactus flowers on my layout.







I never knew that cactus could be so pretty!

Our other memorable part of this trip was visiting the Grand Canyon.  This was Michelle's first time here and my second. 

Words cannot describe the breathtaking panorama of this wonder of the world.

Along with lots of shopping and sunshine, this was a fantastic, relaxing getaway.  

I definitely needed some down time with the two Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnivals taking place in September too.  
My cropping cowgirls: Michelle, Roni and Sandra

I taught a "Double the Fun" layout class in both Edmonton and Calgary and had a great time meeting lots of wonderful scrappers. 
My Calgary class
Of course, it's always tons of fun to hang out with the Canadian Scrapbooker team. 
Katharina Doyle and Connie Nichol
Never a dull moment with this bunch!
Jackie and Madeline Ludlage

Jayme Loge and Cathie Allan

Christy Riopel
So good bye September, it's been a blast!  Next up...the October Sketchy challenge! Hope you play along and upload your layout to the Sketchy gallery....click HERE to check it out.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page, Kelly. What gorgeous blossoms and love how you used the sketch. Looks like some good times in your photos!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, you have had one busy month!!! Looks like you and Michelle had a great vacation!! I love your layout. I always look to see what you have altered!!! All the elements are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you having all that fun and making all your colorful LOs! :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I was so so happy to hear from you! I did indeed travel a lot this summer... two cruises - one to Bermuda and one to the Mediterranean! Life is good! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw yah right...make me cry now! that was one of the best trips EVER!!!!! and I can't imagine sharing it with anyone else! ( which would be totally strange considering it 's your house heehee}. Thanks so much for sharing this trip with me! Miss you TONS xo...and your Lo is gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, you're adorable! And tall too! Like the background in the layout, and the cacti! Happy October.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kelly! It was so much fun seeing your wonderful photos and the amazing description from your trip! Thanks for sharing your joy and happiness with us! And WOW! I can't believe that September is over already, too. Your latest layout is amazing and such a beautiful take on the sketch. I am with Cindy - Happy October!!!!! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kelly! It was so much fun seeing your wonderful photos and the amazing description from your trip! Thanks for sharing your joy and happiness with us! And WOW! I can't believe that September is over already, too. Your latest layout is amazing and such a beautiful take on the sketch. I am with Cindy - Happy October!!!!! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this page! Glad you had a chance to get away for a fun break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS page, I LOVE those butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your page is absolutely gorgeous! Those are fantastic photos and what a fab job you did with that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your page is absolutely gorgeous! Those are fantastic photos and what a fab job you did with that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your page and attention to detail. Fabulous photos. So jealous. Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete