Monday, June 11, 2012

Webster's Pages Say Summer!

When Webster's Pages introduced their new Clean & Simple paper collections, I said YES!  Yes to the same beautiful quality paper and yes to the solid patterns and backsides!  (Having a solid backside myself, I was pretty excited about this design change:)


I thought the  wonderful "Sunday Picnic" line would be perfect for my June Sketchy Challenge for Canadian Scrapbooker.  
Another fantastic sketch by the talented Jill Sarginson!
 
And here is my layout, featuring BabyOfTheFamily....
Sweet Summertime

The journaling strips are on top of a Magenta chipboard sun, which I first painted yellow and then sprinkled clear iridescent Craft & Glitz glitter on top while the paint was still wet. 


For my title, I put the Webster's alphabet stickers on small die cut scalloped circles that I cut with my Cricut.  The large orange scalloped flower layer behind the photo is also cut with my Cricut.  The pink butterfly is a wonderful Martha Stewart Punch layered over a solid butterfly shape I cut in the shape of the punch.  Martha also helped with the the punched scalloped borders.


The orange paper surprised me....I rarely use orange in my designs, but I think it does make this page brighter and happier...just like summer :)


Pop by the newly updated Sketchy Challenge web page over at Canadian Scrapbooker.  

It's now a gallery where you can register, upload your layouts, view and comment on other designs quickly and easily.  And there is always the chance for your layout to be published in a future issue!
 
Even more good news....Sony has an exclusive offer for Canadian Scrapbook magazine readers!  Click HERE and learn more about the S-Frame photo printer that doubles as a digital photo frame.


SONY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!









17 comments:

  1. A cheerful, gorgeous page! I LOVE your journaling spot in all it's color and glitter:) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOF is darling. Love your cheery layout. You have great handwriting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful summer page. I love all the circles on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous summery page! I think the C&S solid pages r perfect for backgrounds too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The orange in your page compliments all the other colours beautifully, and I love your interpretation of the sketch! mine's going up shortly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the layout, Kelly!!! And I am a big fan of orange, it is such a happy colour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout Kelly! Such a fresh and cheery take on the sketch! Love the idea of sprinkling the glitter over wet paint!Beautiful photo of BOF too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous LO Kelly!!! I'm not a big fan of orange either, but it totally works here!! Love the long title :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bright...cheery...FABULOUS! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I have to start I feel the same about orange:)But I love Webster`s pages and I aslo liked a lot this month sketch :), can you tell me where do you buy Magenta?I can not find it in any shop near by and have olnt some old paper from them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so refreshing - I just love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Solid backsides, lol. I do love the new clean and simple Webster's. You did a beautiful job with this collection. Love the pops of orange. They are perfect. The journaling is really cute. Such a sweet pic of BotF.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your layout is beautiful! Love the burst of colours that radiate happiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this bright sunshiny page kelly! Thanks for showing the close up of the sun...very cool effect with the paint and glitter! and I love how you did the title!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an awesome and beautiful page, Kelly! It really makes me feel happy for summer!!!!! TFS, my dear friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete